Saturday, October 08, 2005

Rainy Saturday

Mother Nature decided to be generous with us here in Maryland -- she is giving us all the rain she forgot to send this summer in one weekend. Wet, wet, and wetter is how the weather is here. Smile. Not too cold, just breezy and wet!

I had to work on the sales floor at my store today. My back is still giving me fits (I cannot bend and can only sit for a short time then I have to move around a bit) -- I guess it was a good thing there was heavy rain. We only had 33 customers during the day so I didn't have to work too hard. Grin.

Robbyn and I managed to choose fabrics for a new quilt I've designed (I'm calling it Wandering Stars). Took us about two hours to come up with something we both liked! I get to use a lot of the batiks I love and Robbyn gets to use up some of the fabric we ordered too much of, thinking to sell it as backgrounds to the Baltimore Album class students. Since this quilt will (once I finish making it) be the basis for a year-long class, she is hoping to sell the excess bolts (three? four?) that we have piled up in back.

I've been drawn to circular complex star patchwork patterns for some time -- I finally sat down and made a design for one that I like. It has nine different blocks on a contemporary type background. I tried to pass it off as a block of the month promotion pattern ... but several customers blanched when I showed it off -- way, way too hard for them to tackle, I guess. Grin. I am eager to begin working on it. Maybe I'll be tired of these complex patchwork patterns by the time I'm finished with this one. Shrug.

The new Dungeons and Dragons movie is on the SciFi network tonight. Hugh and I are going to watch it together. I sure hope it is better than the last one!

:) Linda

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home