Tuesday, October 04, 2005

Quiet Tuesday

I have chosen to stay at home today rather than go to work at my store in Catonsville. It is a pretty day outside but I am remarkably listless and cannot seem to get going. I do have a task to finish here at home today (but am going to have to get my behind in gear and go out to accomplish it) -- I have to finish assembling my pages for a Fat Book round robin I am participating in with the theme of 'Techniques'. I chose to do embroidery on paper and made four originals (each page is only 4" square; it was a challenge for me to work so small). I've photocopied them (81 pages total!) and written a backing statement (how did I do it). Now I have to paste the front, cardstock page, and back together for each one. Gotta get them in the mail to the organizer (who is generously collating all these pages into books and spiral coil binding them for something like 80 participants!!).

Problem is, I've run all my glue sticks dry -- after exhausting my supply of permanent adhesive in the Xyron. So, gotta go out and buy another 'sticky' cartridge for the Xyron. As it is, this means I have to shower, dress, and drive to the local Michaels. Not to far, just lots of inertia to shove into gear.

When I get the scanner hooked up, I"ll post a photo of my pages here. I wouldn't call what I've done 'Great Art' ... and it certainly could be improved ... but I like them.

:) Linda

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home